Saturday, November 8, 2014

Welcome

My name is Khalilah Mitchell and I started this blog to help student athletes gather the information necessary to make an informed decision about choosing a college. Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions of your life. As a 17 year old student athlete I was in uncharted water, it was stressful,I did not know anything about the recruiting process, what questions to ask, what is important to know, what am I going to study, where am I going to live, do i get stipend, can I drive my first year, what happens if I get hurt etc etc. I just went with the flow of my teammates and the university. I played at Louisiana State University from 2003-2008. I tore my ACL my first year of college and received a red-shirt year. We will discuss what a red-shirt year means later on throughout the blog. After I graduated I wanted to get my Masters Degree, and the University of Central Florida awarded me that opportunity, and upon graduation the head coach hired me as an Assistant Coach. Becoming an assistant coach had been my dream for the past 4 years, only to realize it was just a goal I set to accomplish, and I did! I was not satisfied, it did not give me the passion that i desired, which was skill development and helping the youth understand the process of getting to college. I made a commitment to myself; I wanted to aid  young student athletes get to college and share with them what I did not know in hopes of them making an informed decision, and being prepared for the demand of collegiate athletics. My commitment is to you, stay confident and disciplined

No comments:

Post a Comment