Friday, September 18, 2015

Rockstar life as a collegiate athlete

I read an article recently about the WNBA, and the decline in support and attendance since it first started in 1997. After reading this article I realized as a student athlete this is your opportunity to be a celebrity. Your four years of college for a small percentage of athletes will be your taste of how a professional athlete lives. At Louisiana State University we chartered flights,  were given a stipend, gear, shoes, clothes, everyone knew who we were, etc. This was my rockstar life. I saw a video from the players tribune and there were some WNBA players explaining their experience and transition from a college player to a professional player. After I watched the video, I became a little concerned about the future of our sport and the development necessary to generate more support. But my major concern is the amount of players that will choose a college, without all the information needed to create the rockstar lifestyle you deserve as a collegiate athlete. During this contact period make sure you have the information you need to become the player you need to be, the rockstar life you want.


http://www.theplayerstribune.com/liberty-wnba-video-female-athlete/

No comments:

Post a Comment